Only 5 weeks to go before we kick off the 2nd rendition of the well-known SPD. 52 teams already entered. That is unheard of so far in advance of the tournament. I have no doubt we will hit 100 teams before long BUT only once we receive payment will your spot be ticked off.
A few key points to clarify
• We kick-off Sunday 27 November, more than likely with the B Sections and below.
• Teams do not necessarily play every night and be prepared to play 2 matches / evening.
• Minimum 4 matches guaranteed but in all likelihood 5.
• Playing in two sections: Be prepared for 2 matches per day for 5 days.
We mentioned R100 000 in prizes, give-away, goody bags. Well R100 000 is now R150 000, all thanks to our Sponsors. Remember No Sponsors = No Tournament
• Strawberry Pot: For their immense contribution to cash prizes and vouchers
• Huawei, Microsoft, LG & Acer: Cellphones up for grabs
• Mobicell: Tablets amongst the prizes
• ZTE: Home Routers to allow you a wireless experience at home
• Wilson: Racquet bags
• Wilbur v Wyk: Your Finals Day Lamb Rolls
And there is more to follow.
In closing, entries are flowing in, so if you are still intending to enter or wish to encourage mates to enter, do so quickly and enter online: www.uitsigsquashclub.co.za
Between now and then, get on the court and play some doubles.